Friday, March 27, 2009

Welcome Back!

OK- I had a great break! Lots of BBQ, reading, boardgames and snowboarding: good times were had by all. I hope you also enjoyed your well deserved but temporary respite from the trials and tribulations of MYP life and once again feel like normal human beings.

I am particularly excited to return to Persepolis with you and would like to help you amplify your blog work.

The quality of ideas has been excellent and is good preparation for DP English/Self-Taught; however, the frequency leaves me bitter and existentially confused. :)

So, if you can't beat 'em, change the rules.

You now need to make only 3 entries per week. 2 can be on any of these categories: snippets, feedback, class act, or literary feature hunt.

The third post should be a comment on another student's post. Try to comment on a different person's work each week and sign your comments.

The wiki character web work is not optional, while failing the course is. I'd like to see this look more like a web that links characters intelligently and creatively.

We will be highlighting blogs each week to give credit and spark discussions.

We are starting at page 183 and will be moving up to 223 this week. The reading will not take that long, so my expectations for your blog and wiki work remain as high as your superlative potential.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mr.McGuigan!
    We are still in Spain right now. I just wanted to let you know that I now have a copy of Persepolis in Spanish. I think it would be interesting to look at (even if half the class can´t understand it), because there are pictures and frames that are not in the copy that we have in class.
    Anyways, have a great week and see everyone on Thursday!
    Geneva

    ReplyDelete